International Engineering Ambassadors
Insight into the life & course of international students.

Monday 26 September 2016

Meet our Engineering Ambassador: Khaled 

Hello! My name is Khaled and I am studying towards an MEng in Mechatronics and Robotics (isn’t that the coolest name ever?) I have lived all of my life in Egypt until I decided to come to Sheffield for an unforgettable journey.
I studied A-levels in my high school, which made it very easy for me to apply to the UK. Alongside my studies, I participated in various extracurricular activities with a focus on robotics competitions. This allowed me to get a taste of the field and so I decided to get a degree in robotics. I researched all the different universities that offer this course in the UK and I chose Sheffield because it has a dedicated department for my course, which is also one of the leading departments in the field all over Europe.

I am really enjoying my studies in Sheffield because of all the opportunities and services available for me. These services offer both academic and non-academic support. We also have a brand new engineering building, the Diamond, where we have all our labs and lectures. The Diamond is equipped with cutting edge facilities that guarantees a high quality learning experience.

Outside the classroom, there is so much to do! I can learn a language, attend a festival or join one of the many sports teams. I am also a member of several societies through which I met a lot of friends. There is also the Peak District, a national park where you can do all kinds of activities from walking and cycling to caving and abseiling.

Sheffield truly is a great city. The people are very kind and welcoming. Here you can meet people from all over the world and experience all cultures and still feel at home. I am not yet sure which industry I will get in after graduating but I know that wherever I go I’ll be ready thanks to Sheffield.


No comments:

Post a Comment