International Engineering Ambassadors
Insight into the life & course of international students.

Thursday 16 February 2017

Meet our International Engineering Ambassador - Mohy eldin Hassan


Hey guys, I am from Cairo the capital of Egypt.

The course I am studying is Mechatronics and Robotics engineering which is the ACSE department (automatic control and systems engineering). I have always felt passionately about studying in an engineering department. The path I took to get here wasn't an easy one.

However, I never gave up on the challenges that I faced. I studied in one of the hardest and best schools in Egypt, the International School of Choueifat and I practiced platform diving professionally in my free time.

When I started applying to universities I stressed over the application process and which university to choose. Since this is a big transition for an international student, I had to make sure I selected the right place for me.

At first I wanted to study in Germany and the UK was my second choice; however, after I researched the University of Sheffield, I discovered it has one of the best engineering departments. My interest then shifted towards the UK. I began reading more about Sheffield and the university. At that stage, I decided to focus on Sheffield as my primary choice. However, by then I hadn’t decided which course to choose. I was torn between Mechanical engineering and Mechatronics engineering. So I decided to attend a foundation year in USIC (University of Sheffield International College) where I learnt the difference between both courses and was able to make an informed decision to take Mechatronics and Robotics engineering.

Sheffield is one of the most diverse cities in the UK, the people are very welcoming, friendly and helpful.  There are a lots of activities available that are within the University and ones you can pursue as a hobby.

A good piece of advice is to never give up on what you wish to accomplish in life and always strive to become a better version of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment