International Engineering Ambassadors
Insight into the life & course of international students.

Friday 3 March 2017

Student Hotspots: Sundaes Gelato by Rishi Parwani

If you’re a student in Sheffield, you may or may not have noticed throngs of people gravitating towards a brand new eatery on West Street. Honestly, with the number of people that line up there, you’d think that it’s an Apple Store (I confess, I am an Apple fanboy, judge me later if you must). Sundaes Gelato is the latest addition to Sheffield’s growing food scene and what makes it so popular is the fact that it’s a dessert parlour, something we lack in our otherwise perfect city. While there are plenty on London Road (which are equally amazing by the way, don’t miss out on going there too), there are very few near our university. This is where Sundaes Gelato comes in to save the day!

After numerous attempts at going for dessert, a plan finally materialised on Wednesday night and I found myself in the queue pursuing the menu after having just gotten back from a sports training session. So much for those lost calories then! The first thing that’ll strike you about Sundaes is its absolutely massive selection of gelato ice cream, I was in awe of all the flavours, colours and variety – it was a pretty overwhelming moment if I must say so myself.


After what was the longest 10 minutes of my life consisting of big decisions and internal conflict, I decided to order the Brownie Bloom Crepe. The description alone was exciting enough, I want you to revel in my excitement so here’s the exact excerpt from the menu:

Freshly baked crepe smothered in hot fudge sauce topped with crushed brownie pieces, sliced banana and chopped nuts, served with freshly whipped cream.

My flat mates accompanied as well and decided to order an ice cream sundae and Nutella crepe. What was perfect about our order was that we all tried something from a different section of the menu and this is going to give you a great idea of what to expect when you go here yourself.

So our desserts finally arrived one by one and I for one was so excited to dig in. They say that a picture speaks a 1000 words so I’ll let the following photos do the talking:


Let me just say that it tasted as good as it looked. In fact, even better than it looked. My crepe (top left) was absolutely heavenly. It was stuffed with crushed brownies and covered with sliced bananas, nuts and noodles of chocolate on top. There was a generous dollop of ice cream on the side too which was perfectly paired with the warm brownie crepe. I thought this would be a snack before having an actual dinner but I was probably in denial and lying to myself because this filled me right up.

One thing to note about Sundaes is that seating is no issue. With an additional floor on top, this dessert parlour is definitely well equipped for any form of a mad rush. The atmosphere is so relaxed yet busy at the same time, you’ll understand when you go there! I was also surprised with the clientele, I thought that there would be only students but there were so many school-children as well as families. It was nice to see everyone coming together for some dessert.

I’m so glad Sundaes Gelato has opened up in Sheffield, that too so close to the Diamond. I’ll definitely be going back soon and I guess this is a time as good as any to resume making use of my gym membership! So there you have it, a very well located dessert parlour featuring all desserts you could possibly think of.

Location: 262 Glossop Rd, Sheffield S10 2HS
Timings: 10am-11pm everyday

No comments:

Post a Comment